Gender Social Norms Index 2023 (GSNI) reveals that nearly 90 per cent of both men and women have “at least one” fundamental bias against women. The 2023 index showed “no improvement in biases against women in a decade despite powerful global and local campaigns for women’s rights”.
Gender Social Norms Index, 2023
- Released by The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Released in June, 2023
- Report title Breaking Down Gender Biases: Shifting Social Norms Towards Gender Equality
- First introduced – in the 2019
What is the Gender Social Norms Index?
- The Gender Social Norms Index (GSNI) captures beliefs on gender equality in capabilities and rights.
- It covers four key dimensions-political, educational, economic and physical integrity.