1. Which group of districts has the highest forest area?
(a) Baran-Udaipur- Chittaurgarh
(d) Banswara-Dholpur-Raj Samand
Ans. (a) Baran-Udaipur- Chittaurgarh
2. In which among the following district, sub-tropical hilly forests are found?
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 2021]
3. In Rajasthan, maximum forest area is in :
(a) Udaipur and Rajsamand districts
(b) Kota and Baran districts
(c) Chittorgarh district
(d) Sawai Madhopur and Karauli districts
4. Examine the following statements and select the correct answer using the code given below:
(A) Dry teak forests are concentrated in the southern part of Rajasthan.
(B) Teak forests are found in areas having annual average rainfall 75 to 110 cm.
(C) Subtropical evergreen forests are found on Mt. Abu
(D) Forests of western Rajasthan belong to the mixed deciduous forest
(a) (A) and (B) are correct.
(b) (B) and (C) are correct.
(c) (C) and (D) are correct.
(d) (A) (B) and (C) are correct.
5. The district of Rajasthan where tropical dry deciduous forest is found in–
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 2013]
6. Which of the following vegetation is not found in Rajasthan?
(a) Tropical dry
(b) Tropical thorn
(c) Tropical desert
(d) Tropical moist deciduous
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 1999]
Ans. (d) Tropical moist deciduous
7. When did the Rajasthan government approve the first forest policy?
(a) August 2010
(b) February 2010
(c) September 2011
(d) March 2011
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 2016]
8. In which region of Rajasthan will you find Teak forests?
9. The major cause of the lesser availability of forests in Rajasthan is –
(a) Climate Change
(b) Cutting of forest for wood use in building
(c) Cutting of forest for fi re wood
(d) Animal grezing
[Jharkhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2013]
10. The districts most favorable for teak plantation –
(a) Bharatpur and Alwar
(b) Sriganganagar and Bikaner
(c) Jalaun and Sirohi
(d) Banswara and Udaipur.
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 1996]
Ans. (d) Banswara and Udaipur