1. Which one of the following human organs is responsible for detoxification of alcohol ?
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2010]
2. A healthy human being excretes the following litres of urine in 24 hours –
[U.P.P.C.S. (Spl.) (Mains) 2004]
3. The yellow colour of human urine is due to a pigment called –
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2008]
4. With reference to the work of human kidney, consider
the following statements –
1. After the waste is removed in the kidney, the cleaner blood is sent back through renal artery.
2. From Bowman’s capsule, the filtered liquid passes through tiny tubes where much of the glucose is reabsorbed and sent back to the blood in the renal vein. Which of these statements is/are correct?
(a) only 1
(b) only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2002]
5. The process by which blood is purified in human body is called
[44th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2000]
6. ‘Dialysis’ is related to ?
[M.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2004]
7. The dialyzer is used for the work of-
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2002]
8. Which of the following is correct ?
(a) All the blood in the body is absorbed through the kidneys.
(b) All the blood in the body passes through the kidneys.
(c) All the blood in the body is filtered through the kidneys
(d) All the blood in the body is made through the kidneys.
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 1994]
Ans. (c) All the blood in the body is filtered through the kidneys
9. Where is urea separated from the blood?
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2002]
10. The kidneys in human beings are a part of system for
[M.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2017]
11. The average blood flow through kidneys per minute is
(a) 1000 cc
(b) 1200 cc
(c) 200 cc
(d) 500 cc
[56th to 59th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2015]
12. When kidneys fail to function, there is accumulation of–
(a) Fats in the body
(b) Proteins in the body
(c) Sugar in the blood
(d) Nitrogenous waste products in the blood
[Uttarakhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2007]
Ans. (d) Nitrogenous waste products in the blood
13. Which of the following is not the normal function of the human kidney?
(a) Regulation of water level in the blood
(b) Regulation of sugar level in the blood
(c) Filter out urea
(d) Secretion of several hormones
[U.P.P.C.S (Pre) 2011]
Ans. (b) Regulation of sugar level in the blood
14. The major chemical compound found in human kidney stones is :
(b) Calcium carbonate
(c) Calcium oxalate
(d) Calcium sulphate
[I.A.S. (Pre) 1998]
15. The ‘stones’ formed in human kidney consist mostly of :
(a) Calcium oxalate
(b) Sodium acetate
(c) Magnesium sulphate
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2000]
16. What amongst the following is responsible for the formation of stone in the human kidney?
(a) Calcium acetate
(b) Calcium oxalate
(c) Sodium acetate
(d) Sodium benzoate
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) (Re. Exam) 2015]
17. The element excreted through human sweat is :
(e) None of the above/More than one of the above
[63rd B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2017]
Ans. (e) None of the above/More than one of the above