हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. ‘Banni festival’, which was seen in the news, is an annual religious festival celebrated in which state/UT? –Andhra Pradesh
- At least three people died, while over 90 people were injured during a traditional stick fight festival, also regionally known as Banni festival, in Andhra Pradesh’s Kurnool district.
- The Banni festival is celebrated on the night of Vijayadasami on the account of the victory of Lord Mala Malleswara Swamy and Goddess Parvati over Mani and Mallasura.
2. The European Union (EU) and India conducted their first joint naval exercise in which place? – Gulf of Guinea
- The European Union (EU) and India recently conducted their first joint naval exercise in the Gulf of Guinea.
- The exercise followed the third meeting of the EU-India Maritime Security Dialogue in Brussels.
- During the exercise, Indian Navy’s INS Sumedha, an Offshore Patrol Vessel, was joined by three EU Member States’ ships in the Gulf of Guinea.
3. Cannabidiol (CBD), a compound known for its therapeutic potential in cannabis, has been found in another plant, in which country? –Brazil
- Scientists have found cannabidiol, a compound in cannabis known as CBD, in a very common plant in Brazil. This further opens new avenues for producing the popular substance through other sources.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound known for its therapeutic potential in cannabis.
- It is used for treating conditions related to chronic pain, epilepsy and anxiety.
4. Who has been appointed by State Bank of India as its new brand ambassador? – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- State Bank of India (SBI) has appointed cricket legend Mahendra Singh Dhoni as the official brand ambassador of the bank.
- As a brand ambassador, Dhoni will play a key role in various promotional campaigns of the bank.
- State Bank of India is a public sector bank, its headquarters is in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
5. Where was the fourth annual conference of the Indian Association for Economics and Allied Sciences held? – Srinagar
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated the fourth annual conference of the Indian Economics & Allied Sciences Association at the University of Kashmir, Srinagar.
- Indian Economics and Allied Sciences Association (IEASA) President Professor Sudhakar Panda and IEASA Secretary Dr. Alok Kumar also participated in this program.
6. Which city will host Beautyworld Middle East 2023? – Dubai
- Beautyworld Middle East 2023 will be held from October 30 to November 1, 2023 at the Dubai World Trade Centre. This is a major international trade show.
- 1,750 exhibitors from 57 countries are expected to participate in this event.
7. How many total medals did India win in the 4th Asian Para Games? – 111
- Indian para-athletes performed brilliantly and won a total of 111 medals in the fourth Asian Para Games held in Hangzhou, China.
- India ended the campaign with 29 gold, 31 silver and 51 bronze.
- This is India’s best performance so far in the Asian Para Games.
8. Which country has recently been removed by the Financial Action Task Force from its ‘grey list’? – Albania
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has announced the removal of several countries from its ‘grey list’ in a review published on October 27, 2023.
- These include Cayman Islands, Panama, Jordan and Albania. Bulgaria has been included in the list.
- The ‘grey list’ includes countries that do not meet standards such as anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (CFT).
9. Which Indian shooter secured the 11th Paris Olympic quota for India in the Asian Shooting Championship? – Manu Bhakar
- Indian female shooter Manu Bhakar secured the 11th Paris Olympic quota for India in the Asian Shooting Championship.
- She finished fifth in the women’s 25 meter sports pistol event at the Asian Championships in Changwon, Korea.
- Arjun Babuta in the men’s 10 meter air rifle event and Sarabjot Singh in the men’s 10 meter air pistol event have also secured Paris 2024 quota.
10. Climate change expert Professor Salimul Haq has passed away, he was a resident of which country? – Bangladesh
- Famous climate change expert Professor Saleemul Huq has passed away in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- He was the director of the International Center for Climate Change and Development.
- He was a resident of Bangladesh.
- Salimul Haq was a professor at Independent University Bangladesh (IUB).
- He was an associate of the United Kingdom’s International Institute on Environment and Development (IIED).