हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Where is the 7th edition of ‘India Mobile Congress’ being organized – New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 7th edition of India Mobile Congress in New Delhi.
- PM presented awards to 100 ‘5G Use Case Labs’ set up in educational institutions across India as part of the ‘100 5G Labs initiative’.
2. Who inaugurated the two-day conference of Indian Air Force Commanders- Rajnath Singh
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the two-day conference of Air Force Commanders in New Delhi.
- On this occasion, Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhary informed the Defense Minister about the operational preparedness of the Indian Air Force.
- This conference is organized at an interval of every two years.
3. Politician ‘Li Keqiang‘ has passed away, he was the former Prime Minister of which country – China
- Li Keqiang, former Prime Minister of India’s neighboring country China, died at the age of 68.
- According to media reports, Li Keqiang was holidaying in Shanghai for some time where he died of a heart attack.
- Keqiang served as the Prime Minister of China from 2013 to 2023. He was the leader of the ruling Communist Party of China.
4. Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated 124 PM-Shri schools in which state – Haryana
- Union Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan, along with Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, launched 124 PM-Shri schools in the state.
- These schools have been designed with smart classrooms and information and communication technology (ICT) laboratories.
- PM-Shri School Scheme is a central government scheme.
5. Union Cabinet has approved Jamrani Dam Project, it belongs to which state – Uttarakhand
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval to ‘Jamrani Dam Project’ of Uttarakhand.
- The construction of this project will solve the problem of drinking water and irrigation in Haldwani and surrounding areas.
- Jamrani Dam Project will be constructed on ‘Gola’ river, 10 km upstream from Kathgodam in Nainital.
6. Which Indian player won the gold medal in 50 meter Rifles SH-1 event in Asian Para Games – Siddharth Babu
- Siddharth Babu won gold medal in 50 meter rifles SH-1 event in Asian Para Games.
- Indian Para athletes created history by winning the most medals in the Asian Para Games on October 26, taking the country’s medal tally to 82, including 18 gold. India had earlier won 72 medals in the 2018 Asian Para Games.
7. Who has been selected as the next King of Malaysia – Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar
- The royal families of Malaysia have elected Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar as the next king of the country.
- He will take over from outgoing King Al-Sultan Abdullah on January 31 next year.
- Malaysia has a unique tradition in which the heads of its nine royal families become kings on a rotating basis for a five-year term.
8. In which country have 8 officers of the Indian Navy been sentenced to death – Qatar
- Eight former Indian Navy personnel were sentenced to death by a Qatari court.
- The eight were arrested on August 30, 2022 and have been in solitary confinement since then.
- The eight were employees of Al Dahra Global Technologies, a private firm that provided training and other services to Qatar’s armed forces.
- They were charged with spying for Israel.
9. ‘Arattu’ festival’, which was seen in the news, is a famous festival of which state? – Kerala
- The ‘Arattu’ festival has a rich tradition of being celebrated at the Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple in Thiruvananthapuram.
- The uniqueness of the ‘Arattu’ festival is that the head of the royal family of the erstwhile Travancore kingdom still escorts the idols of deities during the procession in traditional attire.
- The Aarattu Festival is celebrated twice each year.
1o. Gomti and Ghaghra Rivers flow in which Indian state/UT? – Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh government is set to carry out an extensive survey to evaluate the mineral resources in the riverbeds of the Ghaghra and Gomti rivers.
- This survey will encompass nine specific locations, with seven situated along the Ghaghra River and two along the Gomati River.
11. Ashok Vaswani was appointed as the new Managing Director and chief executive officer of which bank? – Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Ashok Vaswani was appointed as the new Managing Director and chief executive officer (MD and CEO) of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- He currently serves as the president of Pagaya, a US-Israeli artificial intelligence fintech, as well as a Non-executive director of the London Stock Exchange Group.
12. When is the World Development Information Day celebrated? – October 24
- The World Development Information Day is celebrated by the United Nations (UN) on October 24.
- This day aims to draw the attention of the world to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them.
- This day coincides with the United Nations Day, celebrated to commemorate the day UN began operating in 1945.
13. Which organisation released the ‘International Migration Outlook 2023’? – OECD
- The International Migration Outlook: 2023 was released recently by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- It revealed that Indians, who are prominent in terms of migration to OECD countries, also top the list when it comes to obtaining foreign citizenship.