हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Which player has made the record of scoring most runs in a single World Cup edition? – Virat Kohli
- The ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 is being held in India. India’s star batsman Virat Kohli has made the record of scoring most runs in a single World Cup.
- Kohli is currently the highest run-scorer in the Cricket World Cup 2023.
- With 711 runs in 10 matches, Kohli has overtaken Sachin Tendulkar’s record of most runs in a single edition.
2. Where will ‘India International Science Festival’ 2023 be organized? – Faridabad
- The 9th edition of the India International Science Festival (IISF) 2023 will be held in Faridabad, Haryana from January 17 to 20, 2024. The theme this time is “Science and Technology Public Outreach in the Age of Amrit”.
- IISF is an initiative of the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Earth Sciences in collaboration with Vigyan Bharati.
3. When is ‘World Philosophy Day’ 2023 being celebrated this year? – 16 November
- World Philosophy Day or World Philosophy Day is celebrated every year on the third Thursday of November, this time it is being celebrated on 16 November.
- In 2005, UNESCO established World Philosophy Day to recognize the important contribution of philosophy in shaping the future society.
- This year’s theme is “Philosophical Reflection in a Multicultural World”.
4. The joint military exercise ‘Exercise Mitra Shakti-2023’ is being organized with India and which country? – Sri Lanka
- The 9th edition of the joint military exercise “Exercise MITRA SHAKTI-2023” is being organized in Pune, India. It will be organized from 16 to 29 November 2023.
- In this, India is being represented mainly by the soldiers of Maratha Light Infantry Regiment.
5. Which country will host the second edition of ‘Voice of Global South Summit‘? – India
- The second edition of ‘Voice of Global South Summit’ will be hosted by India.
- The summit will focus on sharing the decisions taken at the G20 meetings during India’s presidency with the countries of the global south.
- The first edition of the Voice of Global South Summit was hosted by India in virtual format in January this year.
6. When is National Press Day celebrated every year? – 16 November
- National Press Day is celebrated every year on 16 November in India.
- This day was started by the Press Council of India.
- It was started in the year 1977. The theme of National Press Day 2023 is “Media in the Era of Artificial Intelligence”.
7. With whose collaboration is Indian Railways going to launch ‘Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train‘? – IRCTC
- Indian Railways is going to start ‘Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train’ in collaboration with IRCTC.
- It is being launched to promote ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ and ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ initiatives.
- Departing from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, the circular route will cover iconic destinations like Mumbai, Pune, Solapur, Guntakal, Renigunta, Rameshwaram, Madurai, Kanyakumari, Kochuveli.
8. Silkyara Tunnel, which was seen in the news, is located in which state? – Uttarakhand
- After 40 workers were trapped in the under-construction Silkyara Tunnel in Uttarakhand, relief and rescue operations for being made to safely evacuate the workers from the tunnel.
- The under-construction tunnel collapsed from Silkyara to Dandalgaon on the Brahmakhal-Yamunotri National Highway in Uttarkashi district of the state.
- The tunnel is part of the Rs 12000 crore Char Dham all-weather road project.
9. As per a recent UN report, which region was ranked as World’s Worst Region for Water Scarcity? – South Asia
- A recently released United Nations report revealed that South Asia is experiencing a greater number of children facing hardships due to severe water scarcity exacerbated by climate change than any other region globally.
- According to a report from the UN children’s agency, an astonishing 347 million children under the age of 18 are affected by high or extremely high water scarcity in South Asia, which is the highest figure among all global regions.
10. ‘Transporter-9 mission’ is associated with which country? – USA
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket successfully launched the Transporter-9 mission from the Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
- This is the 12th launch and landing of the Falcon 9 stage booster, according to SpaceX mission information.
11. Which Union Ministry proposed to establish Cyber Security and Management Systems (CSMS) regulations? – Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has put forth a proposal to establish consistent Cyber Security and Management Systems (CSMS) regulations for specific categories of both passenger and commercial four-wheeled vehicles to safeguard their operations against cyber threats.
- In a draft document titled ‘Approval of vehicles with regards to Cyber Security and Cyber Security management system,’ MoRTH outlined that the process for vehicle type approval concerning cyber security should be initiated by the vehicle manufacturer or their officially accredited representative.
12. What is the rank of India in the OBI Inclusiveness Index? – 117
- India is ranked 117th in the list of 129 countries in the world in the inclusiveness index published by the Othering and Belonging Institute (OBI) at California University, United States.
- Smaller countries like Bangladesh (106) and Israel (115) were placed better than India.
- The index examines inclusivity in terms of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and the general population using several measures.
- India was ranked last (129) in religion inclusiveness, 121st in gender, 108th in disability, 87th in race, 40th in the general population, and 39th in LGBTQ.
- New Zealand finished first in the index for the second consecutive year.