The Al supercomputer ‘AIRAWAT installed at C-DAC, Pune, has achieved a global ranking of 75. This recognition was announced during the 61st edition of the Top 500 Global Supercomputing List at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC 2023) held in Germany.
- Full form: Al Research Analytics and Knowledge Dissemination Platform
- Funded by: Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY); Gol
- Installed at: C-DAC, Pune
- Announcement on: May 23, 2023
What is Supercomputer?
- Supercomputers harness the combined computational power of multiple servers or computing devices to efficiently process vast amounts of data and execute intricate calculations.
- The AIRAWAT PoC of 200 AI Petaflops integrated with PARAM Siddhi – AI of 210 AI Petaflops gives a total peak compute of 410 AI Petaflops Mixed Precision and sustained compute capacity of 8.5 Petaflops (Rmax) Double Precision.
- The peak compute capacity (Double Precision, Rpeak) is 13 Petaflops.
|Indian Programmes For AI Development
- The FutureSkills PRIME program, initiated by the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) and NASSCOM, focuses on re-skilling and up-skilling IT professionals, including in Artificial Intelligence.
- India has become a founding member of the Global Partnership on AI (GPAI), joining other leading economies in guiding the responsible development and use of Al.