The 76 World Health Assembly (WHA) was held in Geneva Switzerland on 21-30 May, 2023. The Theme was “WHO at 75: Saving lives, Driving health for all.”
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has released report titled “Health for all; Transforming economics to driver what matters.”
About Health Assembly
- The World Health Assembly is the decision-making body of WHO.
- It is held annually in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Appointment of the Director-General of WHO
India at World Health Assembly
- The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the 76 session of the World Health Assembly in Geneva.
- He Highlighted the gaps in the global health architecture which were exposed during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- He touched upon the theme of G20-“One Earth One family, One future“.