Cabinet approves Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Vibrant Villages Programme”
- Approved in: February, 2023
- Approved by: The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister of India For the Financial Years: 2022-23 to 2025-26
- Financial Allocation: Rs. 4800 crore
- Vibrant Villages Programme (VVP) has been announced in the Finance Minister’s Budget Speech 2022.
- The programme envisages coverage of border villages on Northern border having sparse population, limited connectivity and infrastructure, which often get left out from the development gains.
- It will reverse the outmigration from these villages adding to improved security of the border.
- The scheme will provide funds for development of essential infrastructure and creation of livelihood opportunities in 19 Districts and 46 Border blocks 4 states and 1 UT along the northern land border.
- In the first phase 663 Villages will be taken up in the programme.
- Vibrant Village Action Plans will be created by the district administration with the help of Gram Panchayats
- 100% saturation of Central and state schemes will be ensured.