1. Assertion (A): The North Atlantic sea route is the busiest sea route in the world.
Reason (R): It connects two major industrial zones of the world.
In the context of the above statements which of the following is correct?
(a) (A) and (R) both are true, and (R) is correct explanation of (A).
(b) (A) and (R) both are true, and (R) is not correct explanation of (A).
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(d) (R) is true, but (A) is false.
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2003, U.P.U.D.A./L.D.A. (Pre) 2002]
Ans. (a) (A) and (R) both are true, and (R) is correct explanation of (A).
2. Which of the following is the busiest sea route in the world?
(a) Indian Ocean
(b) North Atlantic Ocean
(c) South Atlantic Ocean
(d) Pacific Ocean
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 1998]
Ans. (b) North Atlantic Ocean
3. Which one of the following is the busiest ocean trade route?
(a) Cape of Good Hope
(b) Panama Canal
(c) Suez Canal
(d) North Atlantic
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2014]
4. During a flight from Delhi to Tokyo, the following are the landing airports:
The correct sequence of landing at these airports during an onward journey is :
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 4, 2, 1, 3
(c) 3, 4, 1, 2
(d) 4, 1, 2, 3
[I.A.S. (Pre) 1997]
5. The shortest air route from Perth to London is:
(a) Perth, Bombay, Rome, London
(b) Perth, Ankara, Paris, London
(c) Perth, Aden, Paris, London
(d) Perth, Mombasa, Rome. London
[I.A.S. (Pre) 1994]
Ans. (a) Perth, Bombay, Rome, London
6. The given map shows the locations of airports labeled 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. What are the correct sequences of the airports in which the hijacked Indian Airlines plane IC-814 landed after its initial take off from Kathmandu in December 1999?
(a) 3, 1, 2, 4
(b) 2, 4, 1, 3
(c) 5, 4, 2, 3
(d) 5, 1, 3, 2
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2000]
7. To which country the airlines ‘Lufthansa’ belongs to?
[M.P.P.C.S. (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
8. Match List- I with List- II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
|(A) European transcontinental railway
||(1) Paris to Istanbul
|(B) Trans-Andean railway
||(2) Leningrad to Vladivostok
|(C) Trans-Siberian railway
||(3) Leningrad to Volgograd
|(D) Orient Express
||(4) Buenos Aires to Valparaiso
||(5) Paris to Warsaw
A B C D
(a) 5 4 2 1
(b) 1 4 3 2
(c) 5 1 2 3
(d) 1 2 3 4
[I.A.S. (Pre) 1995, 47th B.P.S.C (Pre) 2005]
9. Which one of the following cities is not located on the Trans-Siberian rail route?
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2019]
10. The correct sequence in descending order of the given countries in terms of railway length in the world is
(a) India, U.S.A., Germany, Canada
(b) Canada, Germany, U.S.A., India
(c) U.S.A., Canada, India, Germany
(d) Germany, U.S.A., Canada, India
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2014, U.P.P.C.S. (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
11. The Canadian Pacific Railway runs between –
(a) Edmonton and Halifax
(b) Montreal and Vancouver
(c) Ottawa and Prince Rupert
(d) Halifax and Vancouver
[Jharkhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2013]
Ans. (b) Montreal and Vancouver
12. Euro tunnel for fast-running trains joins :
(a) Holland – England
(b) England- France
(c) Belgium – Holland
(d) France -Luxembourg
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 1997]
13. The longest rock tunnel in the world is located in
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2013]
14. The world’s longest Railroad tunnel Seikan is in :
(b) South Korea
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2012]
15. Which country has the world’s longest network of bullet trains?
[Uttarakhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2016]