The Safety Perceptions Index, 2023 provides a comprehensive assessment of worries and experiences of risk across 121 countries, offering valuable insights into citizens’ perceptions of safety around the world.
About the Index
- Released on: February 22, 2023
- Released by: A collaboration between Lloyd’s Register Foundation and the Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP)
- Edition: Second
Key Highlights of the Report
- The country most impacted in the SPI was Mali, which has experienced two recent coups and has been racked by multiple violent conflicts.
- In 2021, the SPI improved globally across two domains-food and water and violent crime- and deteriorated in two-severe weather and mental health.
|Least Risk Impacted Countries in the 2023 SPI
||Most Risk Impacted Countries in the 2023 SPI
2. United Arab Emirates
3. Saudi Arabia
2. Sierra Leone
- Uzbekistan recorded the best overall score, while Mali recorded the worst overall score.
- Sub-Saharan African countries are the most risk- impacted in the world.
- India is positioned at rank 97 with the score of 0320.
- The ranks of the neighbor countries of India-
- China (Rank 9, Score 0.113)
- Pakistan (Rank 29, Score 0.159)