1. In Uttar Pradesh, Urdu was declared the second state language in the year
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2013]
2. The year Urdu was granted government recognition as the language of Uttar Pradesh is –
[U.P.P.C.S. (Spl.) (Pre) 2008]
3. Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy was founded in the year –
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2015]
4. Kanhaiyalal Maniklal Central Hindi Institute is located at –
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2010, 2012]
5. U.P. Sanskrit Sansthan was established in the year
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2014]
6. Hindustani Academy, which was founded for the protection and development of Indian Language, is located in
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2011]
7. Consider the following statements:
Assertion (A): ‘Bhojpuri’ is the lingua franca of eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Reason (R): People in eastern Uttar Pradesh are not at home with other languages.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(d) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
[U.P. RO/ARO (Pre)-2017]
Ans. (c) (A) is true, but (R) is false.