Test your knowledge related to Greek invasion and boost your preparation with following the previous year’s questions asked in different civil service exams on this topic. Let’s start!
1. Which one of the following dynasties was ruling over North India at the time of Alexander’s invasion?
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2000]
2. Which one of the following rulers of Magadha was the contemporary of Alexander, the Great?
(d) Chandragupta Maurya
[44th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2000]
3. Consider the following statements:
Assertion (A): After campaigning for nearly two years, Alexander, the Great, left India in 325 B.C.
Reason (R): He was defeated by Chandra Gupta Maurya.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below :
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(c) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(d) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 1998]
Ans. (c) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
4. The women of Which Indian republic or kingdom had taken up arms against Alexander after a large number of its soldiers had been killed or wounded on the battlefield?
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2013]
5. Alexander’s success in India was due to the following :
1 . There was no central power in India at that time
2. He had a superior army
3. He was helped by the traitorous Indian rulers
4. He was a good administrator
Select the correct answer from the following code :
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 2, 3, and 4
(d) All the above
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2003, U.P. U.D.A./L.D.A. (Pre) 2002, U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2000]
6. Name the brave Indian King whom Alexander defeated on the bank of river Jhelum.
(c) Chandragupta Maurya
(d) Mahapadma Nanda
[U.P.R.O./A.R.O. (Mains) 2013]
7. Who one of the following had not come to India with Alexander?
[U.P.P.C.S. (Re. Exam) (Pre) 2015]
8. The foremost Indo-Roman trading station in Eastern India was :
[Jharkhand P.C.S. (Pre.) 2021]