In August 2023 the Geographical Indications Registry in Chennai granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag to seven products (four from Rajasthan, 2 from Goa, and 1 from Uttar Pradesh)
- The National Water Awards were launched in 2018 by DoWR, RD &GR. These are a part of the ongoing nationwide drive of a ‘Jal Samridh Bharat” or “Water Prosperous India’.
GI Tag to Seven Products of Uttar Pradesh
- In June 2023 the Geographical Indications Registry in Chennai gave Gl tags to seven different products from Uttar Pradesh.
- Seven products that get GI tags are as follows-
- Amroha Dholak (a musical instrument made of natural wood.)
- Mahoba Gaura Patthar Hastashlip (soft stone with scientific name, the Pyro Flight Stone”)
- Baghpat Home Furnishings’ (famous for weaving on the frame loom instead of the pit loom)
- Barabanki Handloom Product (Around 50,000 weavers and 20,000 looms at Barabanki and adjoining area)
- Kalpi Handmade Paper (engaging more than 5,000 craftsmen and approximately 200 units)
- Mainpuri Tarkashi (primarily brass wire inlay work on wood)
- Sambhal Horn Craft (used raw materials. procured from dead animals)