हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Which state did Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launch 12 GST Seva Kendras? – Gujarat
- Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched 12 Goods and Services Tax (GST) service centers in Vapi, Gujarat.
- On this occasion, he also presented a check prize of Rs 10 lakh to 6 customers participating in the ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikar’ scheme.
- ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikar’ scheme was launched by CBIC on 1 September 2023.
2. Which ship of the Indian Coast Guard has been decommissioned recently? – Sangram
- Recently, Indian Coast Guard’s ship Sangram was decommissioned during a program organized at Mormugao Port Authority, Goa.
- The ship was commissioned at Goa on 14 February 1996 by the then Prime Minister of India PV Narasimha Rao and was stationed at Mumbai under the operational command of Commander Coast Guard Area (West).
3. Who has been recently appointed as the Surveyor General of India? – Hitesh Kumar S Makwana
- The Central Government has recently appointed senior IAS officer Hitesh Kumar S Makwana as the Surveyor General of India.
- Makwana, a 1995 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, is currently Additional Secretary in the Home Ministry.
- The Surveyor General of India heads the Survey of India, a department under the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Government of India.
4. Which short-range ballistic missile did India successfully test recently? – Pralay
- India recently successfully test-fired its surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) ‘Pralay’ from Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
- This missile has been developed by Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
- ‘Pralay’ is a short-range, surface-to-surface missile with a range of 350-500 km, with a payload of 500-1,000
5. Who has been appointed as the Joint Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation? – V Chandrashekhar
- The Central Government has appointed V Chandrashekhar as Joint Director in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for five years.
- V Chandrashekhar is a 2000-batch Gujarat-cadre Indian Police Service officer.
- He has also worked as Superintendent of Police and Deputy Inspector General in CBI.
6. Which state government has recently approved the state’s first export promotion policy to boost exports? – Maharashtra
- To promote exports in the state, Maharashtra Government has approved the first Export Promotion Policy of the state.
- This policy will be implemented till 2027-28 and will bring about Rs 25 thousand crore in the state.
- Investment is expected.
- This policy will benefit about 5000 industries in the state, will also create 40000 employment opportunities and will help in increasing the exports of the state by 14%.
7. Which city the National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development organized the program ‘Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi’? – Indore
- National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development organized a state level master trainer training program on ‘Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi’ in Indore (Madhya Pradesh).
- 29 participants participated in this two-day program.
8. Which country has pulled out of the ‘Treaty of Conventional Armed Forces in Europe’? – Russia
- Russia has officially pulled out of an international security pact that restricts the use of conventional weapons, saying NATO’s expansion has made such cooperation impossible.
- NATO announced the formal suspension of a key Cold War-era security treaty in response to Russia’s pullout from the deal.
- Most of NATO’s 31 allies signed the Treaty of Conventional Armed Forces in Europe, which was aimed at preventing Cold War rivals from massing forces at or near mutual borders.
- It was signed in November 1990.
9. Which country has the highest weighting on the MSCI Emerging Market Index (EM)? – China
- China has the highest weighting on the globally tracked gauge, the MSCI Emerging Market Index (Emerging Markets) around 30%.
- India is placed at the second position now has a weighting of 15.5% on the Index, compared with 15.11% for Taiwan.
- India’s weighting has climbed from 12.97% end-January.
- If South Korea were to transition from the emerging market to the developed market category, India’s weight could potentially rise to about 18.5%.
10. NASA’s Curiosity rover was launched to study which celestial body? – Mars
- NASA’s Curiosity rover completed 4,000 Martian days on Mars on November 7, 2023.
- The rover landed on Mars’ Gale Crater on August 5, 2012.
- Its mission is to study whether ancient Mars had the conditions to support microbial life.
- The car-sized rover has travelled almost 32 km on Mars and drilled its 39th sample, a rock nicknamed “Sequoia”.
- The rover is 10 feet long, 9 feet wide, and 7 feet tall.