हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Which city made a world record of lighting 22.23 lakh earthen lamps on the eve of Diwali? – Ayodhya
- Ayodhya made a world record when about 22.23 lakh earthen lamps were lit during Deepotsav celebrations on the eve of Diwali. In 2022, more than 17 lakh diyas were lit across the ghats of Ram ki Pairi. The city, which is located on the bank of the Saryu River, broke its own world record.
2. ‘Knowledge, Healthcare, Innovation, and Research (KHIR) City’ is associated with which state/UT? – Karnataka
- The Karnataka government aims to attract Rs 40,000 crore of investment in the areas of healthcare, innovation, and knowledge sectors, besides creating 80,000 jobs in the proposed KHIR City.
- The government of Karnataka met industry think tanks to conceptualise the development of a Knowledge, Healthcare, Innovation, and Research (KHIR) City on the outskirts of Bengaluru.
- The new investment region will be spread over 2,000 acres within 60 km from Bengaluru.
3. Carlo Rovells, who was seen in the news, is associated with which profession? – Physicist
- Carlo Rovells, an Italian theoretical physicist claims that ‘Universe may have resulted out of a Big Bounce’.
In the latest work of Dr.
- Rovelli, White Holes: Inside the Horizon, he explains the theoretical existence of white holes — the converse of black holes. While blackholes is believed to be the ultimate graveyard of all matter from which nothing, not even light, can escape.
- White holes on the other hand may create a new universe.
4. India and New Zealand are qualified for the knockout semi-final of ODI World Cup 2023. What are the two other countries which entered semifinal? – South Africa and Australia
- Hosts India will finish top of the standings during the group stage of the event, as it booked the berth to tackle New Zealand in a knockout semi-final.
- The second semi-final will be held the following day, with South Africa and Australia to battle for a place in the final of the ODI World Cup.
5. The ‘AAINA Dashboard for Cities’ portal has been launched by which Union Ministry? – Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- The ‘AAINA Dashboard for Cities’ portal has been made live by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) across the country can participate in this initiative to voluntarily submit their key data on a regular basis, through a simple data entry form on the portal.
- The dashboard would serve as a tool for comparing similarly placed cities and promoting peer learning among cities.
6. Who has become the first woman to skydive from 21,500 feet near Mount Everest? – Sheetal Mahajan
- Indian skydiver Sheetal Mahajan has become the first woman to skydive by jumping from a helicopter from a height of 21,500 feet in front of the world’s highest peak Mount Everest.
- After which she landed at ‘Kalapathar’ peak at a height of 17,444 feet.
- She is a renowned Indian skydiver who holds several skydiving records and was also awarded the fourth highest civilian award, the Padma Shri, in 2001.
7. Who has become the first Indian woman cricketer to be inducted into ICC’s ‘Hall of Fame‘? – Diana Edulji
- Former Indian captain Diana Edulji became the first Indian woman cricketer to be inducted by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in its Hall of Fame.
- Along with him, former Indian opener Virender Sehwag and Sri Lankan Aravind de Silva have also been included in the Hall of Fame.
- Diana played 54 matches for India between 1976 and 1993 and took more than 100 wickets.
8. “One Station One Product” initiative of Indian Railways is now operational at how many stations? – 1,037
- Indian Railways’ “One Station One Product” initiative is now operational at 1,037 stations across the country. This initiative is specifically designed to sell indigenous products to the local people.
- This scheme has been designed by the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
- The pilot project of the scheme was started on 25 March 2022.
9. When is Children’s Day celebrated every year in India? – 14 November
- Every year Children’s Day is celebrated on 14 November all over India.
- It is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. This day is celebrated in honor of Pandit Nehru.
1o. Which country’s cricket board has been suspended by ICC recently? – Sri Lanka
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) Board has suspended the ICC membership of Sri Lanka Cricket with immediate effect.
- ICC has taken this decision due to serious breach of obligations as a member.