1. In which year did the Cripps Mission come to India?
[Uttarakhand P.C.S. (Mains) 2006]
2. Sir Stafford Cripps came to India with a draft declaration of proposals of the British Government which included that :
1. India should be given dominion status.
2. All provinces and States must be merged to make the Indian Union.
3. Any province or State can make the decision to live outside of the Indian Union.
4. The Indian Constitution must be constituted by the people of India
Choose the correct answer from the code given below –
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1, 2 and 4
(c) 2, 3, and 4
(d) All of the above
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 1998]
Ans. (d) All of the above
3. An important aspect of the Cripps Mission of 1942 was:
(a) that all Indian States should join the Indian Union as a condition to consider any degree of autonomy for India
(b) the creation of an Indian Union with Dominion status after the Second World War
(c) the active participation and cooperation of the Indian People, communities, and political parties in the British war efforts as a condition for granting Independence with full Sovereign status to India after the war
(d) the framing of a Constitution for the entire Indian Union, with no separate constitution for any province, and a Union Constitution to be accepted by all provinces
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2003]
Ans. (b) the creation of an Indian Union with Dominion status after the Second World War
4. Which one of the following is not true about the Cripps Mission?
(a) Dominion status at the end of the war.
(b) Acceptance of the Constitution framed by Constituent Assembly.
(c) The formation of a new executive Council with equal representation for both Hindus and Muslims.
(d) Any province could remain outside the Indian Union.
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2005]
Ans. (c) The formation of a new executive Council with equal representation for both Hindus and Muslims.
5. The plan of Sir Stafford Cripps envisaged that after the Second World War
(a) India should be granted complete independence
(b) India should be partitioned into two before granting independence
(c) India should be made a republic with the condition that she will join the Commonwealth
(d) India should be given Dominion status
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2016]
Ans. (d) India should be given Dominion status
6. Who viewed the Cripps proposal as a post-dated cheque upon a crashing bank’?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) J.B. Kriplani
(d) Jaiprakash Narayan
[44th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2000]
7. Consider the following statements:
The ‘Cripps’ proposals include the provision for:
1. Full independence for India.
2. Creation of a Constitution-making body.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2009]
8. Which of the following Prime Ministers sent Cripps Mission to India?
(a) James Ramsay MacDonald
(b) Stanley Baldwin
(c) Neville Chamberlain
(d) Winston Churchill
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2009]
Ans. (d) Winston Churchill
9. Who among the following were official Congress negotiators with Cripps Mission?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.
(b) Acharya J.B.Kripalani and C.Rajgopalachari.
(c) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Azad.
(d) Rajendra Prasad and Rafi Ahamad Kidwai.
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2010]
Ans. (c) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Azad.
10. Who among the following called the Movements of Gandhiji ‘Political Blackmail’?
(a) Lord Chelmsford
(b) Lord Wavell
(c) Lord Linlithgow
(d) Lord Montague
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2007]