1. Clouds are the result of –
(b) Normal temp. lapse rate
(c) Catabatic lapse rate
[Uttarakhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2016]
2. Which of the following clouds is responsible for highly intense rain?
[Jharkhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2003]
3. Highest altitude clouds are –
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2009]
4. Consider the following climatic and geographical phenomena:
2. High temperature and humidity
4. Vertical wind
Thundercloud development is due to which of these phenomena?
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 2 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2002]
5. During a thunderstorm, the thunder in the sky is produced by the –
1. meeting of cumulonimbus clouds in the sky.
2. lightning that separates the nimbus clouds.
3. violent upward movement of air and water particles.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
(a) Only 1
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 3
(d) None of the above
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2013]
Ans. (d) None of the above