India, for the first time, made it to the top 40 countries at the Global Innovation Index (GII), 2022.
Global Innovation Index, 2022
- Title: What is the future of innovation driven growth?
- Published on: September 28, 2022
- Published by: World Intellectual Property
- Switzerland: For the 12th year in a row-ranks first in the GII 2022.
China ranked at 11″ place.
India in index
- India’s six-notch jump to the 40 spot in the 132-nation GII in 2022 from 46th rank in 2021.
- It is the top most innovative economies among lower middle-income economy in the world.
- India continues to lead the world in the ICT services exports indicator with the first rank.